- Support Forums - please use the forums for questions whose answers may help other users too
- Activation key problems: Before contacting us please check out our Activation key problems page
- User-specific support queries (e.g. activation key problems) email@example.com
- 140-page EuroBeam manual: order from Lulu.com, £10.95 + P&P Details
Release 3.19j, 14 October 2019
- N.B. This release includes an important fix for error introduced into 3.19i steel column design.
- Text in beam/column/post load entry grids wasn't readable if a dark theme was selected - fixed.
- Steel column edit dialog has been made wider, giving more space for load entry.
Release 3.19h/i, 7 October 2019
Windows XP users please note
Release 3.19h has been produced for the very small number of users (<2% according to our download stats) who are running EuroBeam on Windows XP systems and is available on request. Releases 3.19i and later will run on Windows Vista or later. XP user info page
- Bug that causes occasional error message on shutdown fixed (hopefully).
- The presentation of RC beam shear checks has been revised so as to be much clearer and show more working.
- Data entered into beam and timber edit dialog load grids could be lost if data entry followed by cursor up/down key - fixed
- 3.19i: File Open and Save options now show current style dialogs on Windows 10 systems
- The Configuration, Fonts dialog now shows the selected fonts on an appropriate background.
- If an invalid beam web opening vertical position was entered (e.g. '100)'), correcting it didn't take effect - fixed.
- Cutting an OLE page is now permanent: you can't cut and paste OLE pages.
- Text page link to beam option has now been removed; this has been deprecated since 2014.
- In 7.19f the text editor Add Note and Use Note buttons weren't visible - fixed
- Various other small presentational and other enhancements
There is no 3.19g
Release 3.19f, 29 August 2019
- Although this won't affect most users, this release incorporates numerous changes to make it multi-monitor friendly.
- Further changes to improve 4K compatibility have been made.
- The maximum heading height has been increased from 250 (50mm approx) to 375 (75mm approx).
Release 3.19e, 16 July 2019
- For beams extended as cantilevers at one or both ends, we have added a check for overturning: the calculation sheet now shows the minimum reaction(s) when considering worst case loading: unfactored DL on span and adjacent cantilever (where applicable), factored DL+LL on opposite cantilever. If this is negative, your bearing design needs to allow for the possibility of uplift.
- A few users have reported cases of headings converted to the new format being overwritten by calculation output. Should you experience this, select Configuration, Page Heading Designer and change the Heading Height value to a suitable number (for most headings 120-150 will be appropriate).
Release 3.19d, 13 May 2019
- Various issues with entering data into beam and column load grids fixed.
- Heading template lost italic setting on save and reload - fixed.
- Page numbering did not always start with correct number - fixed.
- Print Project with page numbering by content omitted any page number prefix and/or suffix - fixed.
Release 3.19c, 16 April 2019
- Fixes Windows XP incompatibility introduced into 3.19a. Please note that maintaining XP compatibility in future releases is not guaranteed: some things are in our control but our programs use several bought-in code libraries whose authors no longer guarantee XP compatibility. Microsoft officially withdrew support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014.
- The new page heading designer now adds Undo and Redo buttons.
- In the page heading designer you can now move an item by clicking on it in the preview pane, then pressing Ctrl+Up/Down/Left/Right. The item is moved by the grid increment set at the bottom of the designer.
- Overline spacing has been increased slightly on PDFs
- If you added bearings to a beam then deleted them, they continued to appear on the Project Summary until you saved and reloaded the project - fixed.
Release 3.19b, 16 March 2019
- Fixes a problem with printing overlapping images in heading
- Copy allocation fields weren't initialised on first-time install - fixed
- Setup program now gives option of creating desktop icon for all or current user (previously defaulted to current user)
- Default printer and PDF font sizes for first time installs are now 9/10/11 instead of 10/11/12
Release 3.19a, 28 February 2019
New page heading designer
- This is a major change: the previous 8x4 page heading editor goes back to
ProSteel 1, 1993. The new heading designer assembles the page heading from any
mix of text, lines, rectangles, circles, ellipses, polygons and/or images. In
addition you can give the page a border. For those upgrading from an earlier release,
existing heading layouts should be automatically converted to the new format but a
little fettling may be necessary.
For full information see our web page.
- Associated change: page margins are now measured from the paper edge, not the edge of the printable area and are now common to all PDF and printer output. Previous values are not brought forward: change the new defaults if necessary using the Configuration, Page Margins option.
- Associated change: 2019 and onward releases of EuroBeam, SuperBeam and ProSteel (when released) will share the same Copy Allocation field values; change a value in one program and the other(s), if installed, will pick up the new value.
- Configuration, User Setup dialog now adds a field for current page heading file - headings are now stored in external svg files. To copy a heading from one computer to another, copy this file across to the second PC.
Other changes and fixes
- With effect from now we are using a new way of numbering releases: 2019 releases will be 3.19a, 3.19b, then 2020 releases will be 3.20, 3.20b etc
- Pressing Edit button with a connection drawing selected didn't do anything - fixed
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Rio - this is a technical change that does not affect end users
Release 3.10c, 12 November 2018
- Print jobs are now automatically assigned a name (following the latest Windows 10 update some printer drivers won't print jobs with no name).
- The default steel grade for new projects set in the User Setup dialog wasn't always used - fixed
- If either column length is left blank, it's now set to 1.0L (blank was previously interpreted as zero)
- Various small technical changes and improvements to calculation presentation
Release 3.10b, 27 August 2018
- Fixes bug introduced into 3.10a which effectively disables the Check Website for Updates option. This is the only change so if you are running 3.10a there's no problem for now. When the next release is made available we will send a direct download links to those running 3.10a.
Release 3.10a, 12 August 2018
- IMPORTANT FIX FOR CHS COLUMNS: Releases 1.40a-3.05c calculate the moment on a CHS column by resolving the major and minor axis moments into one. However we incorrectly took the major axis moment only when calculating the ratio  for the column. This has now been fixed.
- RC beam, connection and splice drawings are now optionally given a border (as determined by border width figure in beam diagram options dialog).
- Connection and splice edit dialogs now add a checkbox at the end of the location field. If this is checked the location field contents, and for beam splices the splice positions, are printed at the top of the drawing.
- AV error could be triggered on shutdown if splice drawing on display - fixed.
- Program now attempts to fix missing help file if problem detected.
- Sundry other small user interface and calculation presentational changes
Release 3.05c, 30 April 2018
- An updated steel data file adds HE100 M, HE120 M and HE140 M sections
- An additional option, Use alternate desc for HE/IPE secs, has been added to the Configuration, User Setup, Preferences page. If checked, section names are now shown on printouts as (say) HEA 240 rather than HE 240 A (the format used previously and in the 'Orange Book'). Stockholders appear to be using both.
- Steel column baseplate check setting was lost on project save - fixed
- Steel column calculation printout presentation enhanced
- If you loaded a project with a lot of items (more than the tile all number), then immediately called the Project Summary option, you'd see incorrect data for any connections that had not been displayed - fixed
- Import of standalone splices from another project wasn't handled - fixed
- Beam calc export as RTF caused AV - fixed
- Sundry other small user interface and calculation presentational changes
Release 3.05b, 31 January 2018
- If a column's number was altered (move up, move down, cut item above etc), printing the calculation could return a garbage beam load diagram in place of the column load diagram - fixed
- Wrong cantilever length could be shown for a true cantilever with RLs and/or VLs only - fixed
- Flange plate splice moment resistance was shown as bolt group strength x D but was calculated as x (D-T) so answer didn't match printed expression. Expression now corrected, [correct] value unchanged
- Connection/splice drawing border width is now entered as a value (in pixels) rather than yes/no checkbox (enter 0 for no border)
- Selecting Show Analysis for a timber beam caused an AV error - fixed
- RC beam analysis has been improved with note showing column head symbol meanings
- Data entry grids (beam loads, column loads, page heading etc) now use current theme colours
- Further small UI improvements