- Support Forums - please use the forums for questions whose answers may help other users too
- User-specific support queries (e.g. activation key problems) email@example.com
- 140-page EuroBeam manual: order from Lulu.com, £10.95 + P&P Details
Release 3.00a, 30 November 2016
Changes in this release:
- Beta flagging removed from RC beam calculations
- Numerous small enhancements made to calculation printouts to make calculations easier to follow/check. Several typographical errors corrected.
- Deflection of cantilever extension of beam beyond R2 was wrongly calculated if beam loading included a dead UDL- fixed
- 'Reload last project' setting wasn't honoured if you also selected 'One of a number of users' in the User Initials dialog - fixed
- When using 6.10a/b load factoring, wrong moment could be used for timber posts- fixed
- Beam loading diagram now stacks dead and live loads rather than the two hatches being overlaid.
- Delete beam padstone and it was still shown on calculations until project saved and reloaded - fixed.
- Flitch beam bearing length was overstated by 1.3 - Gamma m factor was used twice - fixed
Release 2.91a, 31 August 2016
- Further work has been done on RC beam calculations but this option is still to be regarded as being a preview.
- Number of tension bars in RC beam could be reduced to two if a larger number entered and only two required - fixed.
- Analysis option for singly-reinforced RC beams added
- Check added for effect of shear-induced tension, with tensile bars being increased if necessary.
- Beams could be created with wrong print defaults - fixed
- Timber beam right-click Toggle Summary/Details [Alt+V] didn't work - fixed
- Various changes made to enhance program appearance, especially on hi-res displays.
- Toolbar Add Beam button and Project Menu, Add Beam option now display a menu which lets you select the beam type (loads, steel, timber, steel+timber or RC).
- Library (standard notes) dialog has been made slightly wider. Standard load names grid column widths now dynamically resize depending on content.
- Beam edit dialog, loads page, now always shows the notes header (add/use/notes dropdown/editor) - previously this was replaced by the loads footer when you clicked on the load grid which confused some users. The loads footer (B/F button etc) is displayed when you click on the grid and is hidden when you exit.
Release 2.90a, 12 July 2016
Reinforced concrete beam design preview
This works as you would expect: the toolbar Add Beam button dropdown now adds an extra option, RC Beam. Loads are entered as for steel and timber beams, and on the second tab you enter details of the beam. The following simplifications apply:
- The option only covers simply supported beams without cantilever extension(s) beyond the beam reactions
- Tensile reinforcing bars can be all one size (e.g. 3No H25) or two of one size and a variable number of the other size (e.g. 2No H25 + 1No H20). Compression bars (where required) are all one size.
- Single links only (where required) are considered.
- Only the most common exposure conditions, XC1-XC4 are considered.
- Material options are limited to 500N/mm2 (H500) reinforcing bars and concrete grades C20/25 – C40/50 (the first number is the cylinder strength (N/mm2), fck, used in EC2, the second is the cube strength).
Press the 'Help' button on the RC page for info re the fields on this page.
- [User request] Splice and connection design dialogs now add a bolt grade option, 8.8 [previous default] or 10.9.
- For clarity the Print dialog now shows the selected options and copy allocations in bold.
- User Setup dialog, File Names and Locations page now includes an extra field showing the setup log file. Right-click to view this if you encountered any errors installing the program.
Release 2.50c, 6 June 2016
- When changing section family in the steel check dialog, AV error could be thrown if changing to a section family with fewer sections than the previously selected one - fixed
- Releases 2.50a/b omitted the opening size and position drawing from beam web opening printouts.
- Numerous small other changes
Release 2.50b, 26 April 2016
- Licence key file not handled correctly - fixed. If you've got a site licence and are running EuroBeam on a server, on request we can issue you with a licence file which will save having to enter an activation key on each computer from which EuroBeam is run.
- AV error if changing theme when open project includes OLE page(s) - fixed
- Connection drawing not printed when printing to printer - fixed
- Set page numbers by content (e.g. 4.1, 4.2 ... for item 4) selection was ignored - fixed
- In column edit dialog, double clicking on note displayed full editor but when you closed this text was lost. Changed to remove double click handling - press Editor button for larger screen editor
Release 2.50a, 5/6 April 2016
- New theme support - a new button at the end of the toolbar labelled 'RGB' lets you one of a number of colours schemes - the choice is yours. You can find a preview of the available themes on our website page www.superbeam.co.uk/themes.htm.
- The toolbar Add Beam button and Project menu, Add Beam option now display a submenu which let you select what type of beam to add: Loads only, Steel, Timber or Steel/Timber.
- The beam edit dialog now has a drop-down list of beam types instead of checkboxes for steel and timber beams. Should it be necessary, you can use this to change the beam type. Only those tabs applicable to the current beam are now displayed (e.g. for a steel beam you now don't see the timber and timber bearing tabs).
- The timber post edit dialog now includes (as for beams) a button which lets you enter the entries that appear in the section dimension dropdown lists. Note that you can manually enter any dimension - you're not confined to those in the dropdown lists.
- Ctrl+C removed as a shortcut for 'Copy to RTF' - it stopped this shortcut being used to copy text from dialog fields.
- RTF copy of timber beam calculations didn't work - fixed. Steel beam RTF copy has been improved.
- PDF generation reverts to the Gnostice library as used in releases 1.21d and earlier. This produces smaller PDF files
- 6 April build uses revised beam load/BM&SF diagram printing code
- When you download an update, it's now downloaded to your default download folder rather than the program data folder.
- The program settings INI file name/location is no longer changeable from within the program - previously you could change the entry in the dialog but Windows security meant that the change wasn't actually made. Most users will never need to change this but if you do please see our INI files page.
- This release is built with Embarcadero Rad Studio 10 - this is a technical change that does not affect end users.