- Support Forums - please use the forums for questions whose answers may help other users too
- Activation key problems: Before contacting us please check out our Activation key problems page
- User-specific support queries (e.g. activation key problems) firstname.lastname@example.org
- 140-page EuroBeam manual: order from Lulu.com, £10.95 + P&P Details
Release 3.05c, 30 April 2018
- An updated steel data file adds HE100 M, HE120 M and HE140 M sections
- An additional option, Use alternate desc for HE/IPE secs, has been added to the Configuration, User Setup, Preferences page. If checked, section names are now shown on printouts as (say) HEA 240 rather than HE 240 A (the format used previously and in the 'Orange Book'). Stockholders appear to be using both.
- Steel column baseplate check setting was lost on project save - fixed
- Steel column calculation printout presentation enhanced
- If you loaded a project with a lot of items (more than the tile all number), then immediately called the Project Summary option, you'd see incorrect data for any connections that had not been displayed - fixed
- Import of standalone splices from another project wasn't handled - fixed
- Beam calc export as RTF caused AV - fixed
- Sundry other small user interface and calculation presentational changes
Release 3.05b, 31 January 2018
- If a column's number was altered (move up, move down, cut item above etc), printing the calculation could return a garbage beam load diagram in place of the column load diagram - fixed
- Wrong cantilever length could be shown for a true cantilever with RLs and/or VLs only - fixed
- Flange plate splice moment resistance was shown as bolt group strength x D but was calculated as x (D-T) so answer didn't match printed expression. Expression now corrected, [correct] value unchanged
- Connection/splice drawing border width is now entered as a value (in pixels) rather than yes/no checkbox (enter 0 for no border)
- Selecting Show Analysis for a timber beam caused an AV error - fixed
- RC beam analysis has been improved with note showing column head symbol meanings
- Data entry grids (beam loads, column loads, page heading etc) now use current theme colours
- Further small UI improvements
Release 3.05a, 10 October 2017
- Flange plate and end plate beam splices can now be added to a project as freestanding items. Previously you could only add splices to beams already added to a project. The new options calculate the moment and shear capacity of the splice. To add a splice, press the toolbar Add Connection button, select the splice type and in the dialog that appears select the section size (single I-sections only) and enter the splice details as for beam splices.
- Various technical, user interface and printout presentational changes
- Beam Edit dialog bearing details are now zeroed/blanked out if bearing type is set to 'none' and Apply is pressed
- Significant rework of calculations relating to cantilevers (beam span = 0)
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Tokyo - this is a technical change that does not affect end users
There is no 3.04
Release 3.03a, 13 June 2017
Mcr for unrestrained steel beams with support conditions 1-4,6-7 was incorrectly calculated - fixed: see program ReadMe file for more information.
No help? Go to Configuration, User Setup, File Names and Locations page. Press the button at the end of the Help file line then select the file EuroBeam/chm, press OK, then OK again.
Release 3.02a, 17 April 2017
Changes in this release:
- RTF (rich text format) output is now shown as a third output option in the Print dialog - previously it was implemented as a right-click option on item windows. You can now choose whether to copy the RTF to the clipboard from where it can be posted into another application or write it to a file (by default the last folder is used) and optionally load this into the program associated with RTF files (Microsoft Word on most systems).
- The output to RTF option now includes Print Project - previously this was implemented in SuperBeam and ProSteel, but not EuroBeam.
- If you change the section type (e.g. from UB to RHS) in the steel column edit diagram, the load position diagram is now updated when you press Apply.
- If you select File,Open, File,Close or Exit with an unsaved project open, a new more prominent dialog asks you whether you wish to save your work.
- Error messages were triggered if you reduced item windows to below a certain size or minimized them- fixed.
Release 3.01b, 14 March 2017
- Selected bearing data for the last beam checked now becomes the default for the next beam added to a project. As ever, be sure to check it.
- On the steel page of the beam edit dialog, end restraint condition panels, we have now reversed the function of the Up and Down keys so that they now selects the next/previous option.
- Further changes have been made to enhance the program appearance on very high resolution screens
Release 3.01a, 27 January 2017
- We missed the fact that EC6 was amended in 2012, increasing the K values for blockwork and thus reducing the required sizes of padstones and bearing plates - now updated.
- Bug fixed that put program into an endless loop if you entered a B/F point load and left its position blank
- Beam splice calculations calculated the bending moment and shear force at the splice position using equations 6.10a/b when project option was set to 6.10 - fixed
- Four new themes have been added: Cyan Night (dark blue/grey), Diamond, Emerald Light Slate and Sterling (all light grey variants).
- If you added a padstone or bearing plate to a beam, then deleted it, the bearing continued to be shown on the summary until you saved and reloaded the project - fixed.
- The Expand function has been reworked - see ReadMe file for more details
- Several enhancements to calculation printouts to make calculations easier to follow/check, especially (where applicable) for bearing masonry strength calculations. Several typographical errors corrected.
- A new option "'Check website for updates' option: show/hide" has been added to the setup program - the default is checked, but if you uncheck this box the Check website for updates option no longer appears on the menu. This has been added at the request of several corporate users who do not allow end users to install programs.
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Berlin - this is a technical change that does not affect end users